It's Time To...
RELAX, It is time treat yourself to a much needed break from the go-go-go of life with a nurturing massage.
Deirdre Karger, RMT is committed to providing a peaceful space where you can receive a massage that is tailored to your specific needs and addresses both the physical and energetic bodies for an integrated massage experience.
Relax Durango Massage is conveniently located at 2929 Main Avenue in Durango with on-site parking so you don’t have to worry about finding a space or feeding a meter.
What To Expect
If you have never received a massage before you may not know what to expect. It’s quite simple and painless!
- When you arrive you will be asked to fill out a form that gives me some information about you and what issues you are having that brought you to my office. We will go over your concerns together and then decide on the best way to conduct the massage.
- I will then leave the room while you get undressed and onto the massage table under the sheet. During the massage the only part of your body that will be exposed is the part I am working on. Everything else will be covered with the sheet.
- As the massage progresses we will figure out together the amount of pressure that works best for you. The amount of pressure that is right for you is at a place where you feel the pressure but you can still relax with it. If your body is tensing up, the pressure is too deep. If you don’t really feel anything, the pressure is too light. The goal of the massage is to make you feel relaxed, not like you’ve been hit by a truck!
- If we have decided to go with a full body massage I will start with you lying face down. Once I have worked your back, hips and back of the legs you will roll over onto your back and I will work your neck, arms, and front of the legs finishing the massage with your feet.
- If we have decided on a more specific type of massage I will explain what that will involve before you get on the table.
- When the massage is over I will again step out of the room while you get dressed. When you are ready I will tell you anything I may have noticed during the massage.
- Finally, payment (see our rates) and we’ll get you scheduled for your next massage. Painless!
Meet Your Therapist, Deirdre Karger, RMT
I have always been interested in the healing arts having considered a career in both medicine and physical therapy before finding my way to massage therapy. Since graduating from the Brian Utting School of Massage in Seattle, Wa. in 1996, I have worked in spas and in private practice where I have been constantly learning new skills and refining the old ones. My work is a combination of different techniques including myofascial release, trigger point work, swedish, deep tissue, thai massage and energy work that I use depending on your unique situation.
The part of my job that I love most is being able to give someone the gift of relief whether it be from pain or the stress of life. To see someone who walked into my office with pain in their step or stress all over their face walk out with a smile and a lighter gait makes my day.